ad

Saturday, October 25, 2014

RecipeGirl: Apple Streusel Muffins

RecipeGirl
Recipes for Entertaining and Every Day
Apple Streusel Muffins Oct 25th 2014, 10:00, by Lori Lange
Here’s a recipe for Apple Streusel Muffins that is made a little healthier with the addition of whole wheat flour and a lesser amount of sugar.

Apple Streusel Muffins

For as many years as I can remember, I’ve always gone apple-picking… but this year I didn’t make it to any orchards. It’s a bummer because it’s truly a great family-activity, and there is usually fresh apple pie involved somewhere along the way. So instead, I’ve been testing the waters on apple varieties lately that I’ve spotted at the store. I find them hard to resist when they all look so darn good in the produce aisle right now! The Gala’s and the Jonagold’s are sweet and crisp. The Honeycrisp’s are absolutely perfect in every way. I’m not fond of the Red Delicious variety for some strange reason- they just don’t do anything for me (though I do like them sliced up in a good green salad). And the Granny Smith’s are my go-to for baking most things. I used Granny Smith’s for these healthy little Apple Streusel Muffins. The streusel on top helps make them interesting.

Apple Streusel Muffins #recipe

They’re just a simple breakfast muffin- a little whole wheat flour thrown in to give them a healthy vibe, plenty of cinnamon and chunks of apple. The streusel on top adds more texture and a little more sweet and spice.

Continue Reading Apple Streusel Muffins…




//

No comments:

Post a Comment