ad

Friday, June 6, 2014

Roasted Beets and Burrata with Micro Greens

Roasted Beets and Burrata, and Dressed Micro Greens
Chioggia Beets

Chioggia Beets
Roasted Chioggia Beets

Roasted Beets and Burrata, with Micro Greens
Beets and Burrata, with Micro Greens

I find it fascinating the life lessons I learn whenever I take a leap to something new. I’ve never been one to sit still and often take pride that I can tackle nearly anything that comes my way, usually in mass. But the truth is, over the past year of working for myself, I’ve found out many things that are more and more true everyday. I often pat myself on the back for being able to “multitask” like a champ but the truth is, one can never multitask which means I’m just moving rapidly between projects. This, in return, leads to projects that I’m not 100% happy with because I couldn’t devote the time and detailed attention it takes. I’m learning more and more that attention to details is everything- in food, in photography, in web design, and when I multitask, detail is usually the first to go.

I have roughly one week left until my second manuscript is due on top of trying to promote the first book and keep up with all the freelance work and WSK business. It is too much and I’m not ashamed to say it. I have dreams of what comes after the next week is over. There will still be work but I’m looking forward to time spent on the beach, canning, hiking, reading, lunching with friends, and any other summer activities I refuse to miss. I’m looking forward to slowing down and not pretending to multitask.

I’ve been eating these type salads for some time now but this one is for when you want to feel fancy at home. It would seem that beet salads are the cool thing to put on menus. I’ve had my fair share of lackluster ones and so I set out to create my perfect one: roasted beets, a bit of fresh cheese, and a lightly dressed salad to top. I’m currently obsessing over micro greens. The different flavors from the different varieties can play such a big impact on the overall flavor of the meal.

Save Print
Roasted Beets and Burrata with Micro Greens

Author: Erin Alderson

Serves: 2-3

Ingredients

  • Beets
  • 1 bunch chioggia beets
  • ½ tablespoon olive oil
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • Micro Greens
  • 1 cup micro greens
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon honey
  • Pinch salt and pepper
  • 2 ounces burrata

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400˚. Scrub beets and remove any wisps (or, peel the beet). Cut the beet in half and each half into ½” thick slices. Place in a roasting dish and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Roast for 40-45 minutes until beets are tender. Remove and let cool completely.
  2. Once beets are cool, assemble the dish. Place beets on a plate and add burrata pieces. Place micro greens in a bowl and in a separate bowl, whisk together the small amount of dressing. Pour over the micro greens and toss until coated. Top the beets with the micro greens and serve.

Notes
*I love chioggia beets not only for the color, but they do not bleed as much as red beets.

*If you can’t find burrata specifically, fresh mozzarella will work as well.

*The variety of micro greens you use will change the flavor. I like using a mix of greens but radish and arugula are nice additions for the bit of bite they provide.

3.2.2704

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe




//

No comments:

Post a Comment